Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Need to update!

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well. I'm sure you are.

The fall must be a motivating season. I think I've kind of figured out how my mind works in terms of the 12 months and working out. Here's a breakdown of each month:

January - New year = new goals and motivation. Workouts are numerous and demanding
February - Start settling into groove, which means I get lazy
March - I hate this time of year and generally spend it moping and be even lazier
April - Holy hell! I gotta get to work! Race season is underway
May - Yay, nice weather outside! Bike and run a lot
June - Hooray, in full race season now
July - Ok, it's hot. But still working hard
August - Summer is over. I'm sad. Lazy time again
September - Fall! Leaves changing! Yay! Let's go embrace the outdoors!
October - Dude, season is over. Football and hockey are only priorities now
November - Oh crap, Thanksgiving is coming. I need to work out
December - Work out? Christ, I don't care

Yeah, that's the general breakdown. As you can probably tell, I don't do well in late spring or late fall/early winter. That's not going to happen this year. I plan on doing both an Olympic tri as well as a sprint next year, so I am staying in tip-top workout shape this time around.

Oh, and just so you all know, girlfriend and I are shooting for Ironmans a lot earlier than planned. 30 years old! Yeah, that's right.

3 comments:

Dr. J said...

All good news, Brandon! An iron man is tough. Be careful with your training. I had a friend who over did it, and never recovered his fitness. I don't usually caution people, but this is one case where I do :-)

Brandon said...

before we start training for Ironman, I want to get checked out by a doctor. Since you're a doctor, and since I can fly to Florida...;-)

Sagan said...

You two are so hard core! I love it.