Friday, March 6, 2009

Hockey and Confusion

As Brandon mentioned, we played hockey last night for the first time in quite a while. It wasn't a bad skate, considering - had a couple of incidental checks (oops; once into the boards, another one open ice) but hey, it happens.

However, working out has been difficult in general lately just due to something crazy going on with my body - namely, nausea.

I've always had a weird love/hate relationship with food. I like food (well, for the most part), but food often doesn't like me back. Sometimes it's due to its unhealthiness (mcdonald's and i haven't spoken in years) and sometimes i just can't explain why something I eat just doesn't agree with me.

The weird thing is, it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes, food doesn't agree with me and sometimes it does. I've tried to find a pattern with it by looking through food journals and can't seem to find anything.

In any case, I've been having food issues the past few days. I eat something, I get nauseous. It may take an hour or so, but it happens. The problem is, when I get that feeling, the last thing on my mind is working out as the feeling of "ohhh, wanna vomit" will get even stronger. Boo.

All I can say is hopefully something changes soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are pregnant.

T said...

Yeah, not so much. I've had these issues for years, so unless I'm going in the Guinness Book of World Records for longest gestating baby (or whatever), that's not it.