Saturday, December 6, 2008

Swimming

Well, I forgot to blog from my workout Tuesday morning. It would make sense as to why I have been so silent over the past few days.

I was playing hockey with our buddy Jimi and his little hockey team. Well, in an effort to make the kids work harder, I slid into the boards full speed and mildly sprained my ankle. Well, obviously, that made working out a struggle. Or just non-existant. Whatever. The bottom line is, my ankle is healed and we headed to the gym for a workout today.

It was agreed that we would swim if the pool was open, or elliptical if the pool was not. The pool was open, so we swam. I swam about 700 meters total. Slowly, and yes, it was a struggle, but I still got it done.

The final 3 months of the year have definitely not gone well. And really, both girlfriend and I have been making excuses for not working out. Pretty sad, if you ask me. But we will turn things around. I vow it.

No comments: