Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Catching Up

Wee, haven't blogged in a few days. I was too tired Sunday, forgot to catch up on Monday, and forgot again yesterday. I'm so bad.

Anyway, I've been managing to get in some decent workouts lately, which is good.

Sunday, Brandon and I split up my scorekeeping shifts so we could each go to the gym (him for a two-a-day since he already ran that day). I decided to swim and did 800m (all breaststroke) in about 19:00 which isn't bad, considering. I was going to do some freestyle as well, but was too tired. I do want to phase in the crawl, but I think I'll do it on the days I don't just swim for endurance.

Monday ended up being an off day (though i think we did do some wii fit). We were going to get in some leisurely ice skating, but the idiot that ran the temporary outdoor rink we were hoping to go to didn't crank up the cooling system (probably because he was lazy and didn't want to work). Therefore, no ice and our date was mostly ruined. Boo.

Then, yesterday, Brandon and I went on a longer run. I know I've been needing to up my distance, but lately it's been hard to force myself to do so. But, since it was almost 70 degrees yesterday (unusually warm!), we went and we ran. We took it slow and did 2.89 mi. I did it in 31:57 (weird, because brandon started seconds after and came in seconds later and had a quicker time. um, zuh?) for a pace of 11:03/mi. Not great, but I'm okay with that for now. Plus I felt good at the end, so that's all that matters, right?

Doing something later today, but I don't know what yet. I do need to catch up on what the rest of you have had to say, though, as I haven't read blogs in a few days, so I'm going to do that first.

No comments: