I know I haven't blogged in awhile, but I haven't really wanted to. I've been beyond frustrated with my working out. Really frustrated. I blogged awhile back about being focused and determined, and I still am. But I am not having any fun either. Over the last year and a half, working out has been fun, mostly. I've truly enjoyed it. But now, I'm not enjoying myself. It's become a chore, so I re-evaluated myself and my game plan.
I like running in Wichita. It's quiet. It's flat. There's a river right by the hotel. And it's an easy run. So I decided that I was going to run. But I didn't want to go out with a distance, time, or goal in mind. I wanted to run. Run until I couldn't run anymore, or until running wasn't fun anymore. And that's exactly what I did.
Prior to this run, I revamped my running playlist. Completely. I kept a few songs on there, but added a lot more. Mixed up the order. And off I went.
I ran along the river just enjoying the run. I kept saying to myself just make it to that bridge, just make it to that bridge. And I did. By the time I got tired and wasn't having fun anymore, I had logged 3.55 miles in 34:50. Not bad at all.
I said to myself in the elevator on my ride back up that I'm back. It's the first time since last year's Autumn Color run that I feel like I'm back. It's time to mean it.
Oh, here's my running playlist, for those interested:
1. SM-Trax: Got the Groove
2. DragonForce: Through the Fire and Flames
3. Joe Satriani: Crowd Chant
4. The Killers: All These Things That I've Done
5. Sponge: 1000 Times
6. Ayla: Ayla Part 2
7. OAR: City On Down (Live)
8. Collective Soul: Heavy
9. The Aurora: Ordinary World (Above and Beyond)
10. Shinedown: Call Me
11. Less Than Jake: Happyman
12. Nelly Furtado: Say It Right
13. BT: Godspeed
14. Muse: Knights of Cydonia
15. The Immortals: Techno Syndrome (Mortal Kombat)
16. Fair To Midland: Upgrade^Brigade
17. iiO: Rapture
18. Fair To Midland: Dance of the Manatee
19. Bush: The Chemicals Between Us
20. Ultrabeat: Pretty Green Eyes
21. The Classic Crime: The Fight
22. Ian Van Dahl: Castles in the Sky
23. Kaiser Chiefs: Ruby
24. Korn: Hold On