Yes, actually, I did. CRAZY I KNOW. Didn't end up having time to run in Minneapolis - a severely screwed up sleep schedule will do that to you, but I did do about 30 minutes of Wii Fit on the boyfriend's parents' Wii. What what.
Anyway, in the midst of all this rainy crap that's going on here, Brandon and I went over to 24 to go lift and start crackin' on those October goals of ours (functional lifting, for a reminder). We started off with some non-functional lifting with some lat pulldowns, bicep curls and chest presses on the Hammer Strength machines ... after warming up and stretching, of course.
From there, we moved to some more functional-type stuff:
- Crunches on a swiss ball, adding in a medicine ball toss
- Squat jumps with a medicine ball (crouch and EXPLODE!)
- Wall sits passing a medicine ball back and forth
- Back-to-back torso twists passing a medicine ball back and forth
- Bosu medicine ball tosses
Should be good enough for today. No cardio, but we'll work on that.
Off to shower, grab food and scorekeep for me!