Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yeah...

I'm sure you all read girlfriend's post and noticed she mentioned how we haven't been blogging much. It's simple. We're not working out much. And even when I do work out, I feel it's a worthless workout and I didn't get anything out of it.

Take Fargo the other day. I wanted to do a 25 minute treadmill workout. I only did 20. And it wasn't a good 20. It was bad. I felt worthless.

Yesterday I sat around the house all day. ALL DAY. I walked to get the mail and that's about it. Why, you ask? Because I'm sitting reserve. I can't just go to the gym for 2 hours. I have to have my phone handy. And i have to be ready if I get called into work. It's not good. I actually had to ask scheduling yesterday if I could just leave the house and go on my run yesterday. They said yeah, no problem, but good luck getting a 2 hour window break.

As girlfriend alluded to in her blog, there's just not enough hours in a day.

So anyway, I think this is a good time to set my goals for November, and really, there's only one.

RUN!

Yes, you are reading that right. Run. That is my goal for November. Girlfriend and I are doing a 4 mile run on Thanksgiving day. And I am NOT going to do shitty in this run. Not after PRing in my last 5K. I refuse to let that feeling die. So my goal in November is to RUN.

Not only that, but I have a triathlon in June and haven't really been doing what I should be doing. :-(

I dunno. Maybe I'm not cut out for this fit and healthy lifestyle.

1 comment:

T said...

girlfriend HOPES she can do that 4-miler. knowing her luck, she'll have to work during it.

and you are cut out for it. believe me when i say that.