Saturday, March 1, 2008

Back in the Water

Geez, running AND swimming today? I feel like I'm back in last summer, doing two-a-days for tri training. Which, technically, I still am doing ... just early.

In any case, since I was lazy and didn't swim yesterday, I made myself do so tonight. So, I did the following:
Laps 1, 3, 7, 9: freestyle
Laps 2, 4, 8, 10: breaststroke
Laps 5, 11: backstroke
Laps 6, 12: kickboard (half freestyle kick, half breaststroke frog kick)
Lap 13: half free, half breast

Took me about 20 minutes which isn't great, but I also did some stuff like see how fast I could swim one lap breaststroke (1:05). Crappy, I know, but know that I a.) don't know how to do an underwater flip-turn and b.) I rarely fucking swim. Therefore, I'm actually pretty okay with that. Granted, I need to get much, much quicker (and I shall), but y'know. It's good that I swim; it will be better when I swim more often. I need to kick serious ass on that portion of the tri this year since I didn't last year.

No comments: