Monday, March 10, 2008

a step off?

Alex called me and told me there was a drop in at Cook Arena last night, so I jumped on the opportunity to get some free ice. I was really excited to play with the TPS and play with Alex.

Started out by just passing around, a few sprints, etc. Then we started playing. There were 7 guys on each team, but no goalies, so we went 5 on 5 and played pipes. And from the get go, I was struggling. I was getting knocked off the puck, my passes were off, and I was out of position all the time. I didn't even get a shot off for the first 30 minutes of ice time. And it was frustrating.

I finally decided enough was enough and did my standard end-to-end rush, which allowed me to finally get a shot off. Granted, I didn't hit the post, but still felt good to finally be able to make some moves. I started playing better as well, stepping up and stealing the puck, making better passes, and even getting some cycling going in the offensive zone.

The exercise felt good regardless.

No comments: