Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another Two-a-Day

Since Brandon is lying to his trainer that I'm beating him in the Push for Hawai'i, I figured I may as well help him tell the truth by putting in another two-a-day day. I'm ditching Dave tonight to go play hockey from 10:30pm-midnight, but I needed to get in another day of lifting this week and I figured today was the best day.

So, while waiting for the last of my interviews for my column, I went to the gym for a short while. I did a small bit of cardio (15 minutes of interval training on the stepmill - better than a stairmaster!), stretched out really well again, and did Phase 1, Day 2:

Body Weight Squats 3 sets/10 reps
Step-Ups 3/10
Dumbbell Row 3/10
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press 3/10
Hyperextension 3/10
Dumbbell Curl 3/10
Forearm Bridge (a.k.a. plank pose) 3/:30
Right/Left Elbow Bridge 3/:30

Now I haven't figured out why day two is easier than day one, but it is. That's not saying I won't be sore in a few days (i've relented and admitted that i'm probably going to stay continually sore for a few weeks here), but it'll be lesser than after day one.

I also learned from Brandon that I'm apparently going to have a 20-minute mini session with Gray next week when I'm out visiting. Part of me is going, "Oh no. This is gonna suck," but there's another part of me that knows just how good it'll be for me. Well, I guess I'll know in a week ...

No comments: