Thursday, January 10, 2008

Upgrade^Brigade

The Fair to Midland song that I finish my workouts with...

I told Theresa she is beating me in the friendly competition we have going with each other. 2 a days? Christ, I haven't had those since football! Talk about being motivated! I think it's great though that we have this, this ability to push each other.

Started off by a quick warmup on the treadmill at 7.5. Just for 5 minutes, but enough to get the blood circulating. Then Gray told me he had something in store for me...he was gonna push me real hard. We started off by benching. Not a lot of weight, but a lot of reps. 12 reps at 85, then increasing to 95. But we didn't just do 3 sets. No. We did 5! Looks like this...

1st: 85 - 12
2nd: 95 - 12
3rd: 95 - 10
4th: 95 - 10
5th: 95 - 8

I know I could have done more weight, but with concentrating on form, I was still feeling it.

We then did the Hammer Row. 5 sets, 135 lbs, 12 reps.

Dumbbell Shoulder press. 4 sets, 20 lbs, 10, 10, 8, 8. I was watching myself in the mirror, and my arms just looked huge. Stoked my own ego!

We then did ball lat raises. 3 sets, 5 lbs, 12 reps

Then Gray, being the cruel bastard that he is, made me do pushups...3 sets of 10.

We then did some bicep curls, using the cable bar. 2 sets at 30 lbs, 10 reps.

Finally, finished it up with tricep extention, 2 sets at 45 lbs, 10 reps.

Theresa continues to motivate me to succeed in my goal. As Gray told me, when you have someone that pushes you like that, you are bound to succeed!

And, just got good news regarding traveling out to Hawaii! They dropped my final out and back on Wednesday! Getting there now on Wednesday has become reality! The year is off to a good start.

No comments: