Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Never say never

Alright, so this is going to have to be a quickie, since I have to get ready to leave Grand Forks...

After being lazy this morning and getting my crack fix on ;) I headed over to the treadmill in the Hilton Garden Inn for my 45 minutes of cardio. Right away, I could tell that this session was going to hurt, probably due to lack of water plus muscles still being sore from the session Gray put me though. As I ran through my first 6.5 run, I was having doubts in my mind of being able to make it though the entire workout. Not a good feeling when you know you have 40 more minutes of this.

But as I got into my rhythm, I felt better. I never once kicked down the speed or walked longer than I should have. Around 25 minutes in, I switched the music on my iPod over to Disturbed which always keeps me motivated.

At 35 minutes, with only two sets of 6.5's left, I began congratulating myself on yet again a good day at the gym. This has no longer become a burden. It's something I want to do, something I look forward to in the morning. Instead of saying "I should go work out..." I say "when am I going to work out?"

As my final run came up, I switched it to my standard Fair to Midland song and pushed through. At 44 minutes, I pushed up the speed to 10.5 and sprinted it for the final minute.

As always, visions of spending time on the beach with my sexy girlfriend in Hawaii were popping up. She continues to motivate me to take myself beyond what I thought I had in me.

Tomorrow, session with Gray. Again, hoping he just beats the hell out of me!

No comments: