Saturday, January 12, 2008

Short Is Better Than Nothing

Didn't really have time to hit the gym today, but decided that I'd be a bit late to Air Force (still made warm-ups) so I could squeeze in a small work-out.

Warmed up for six minutes on the recumbent bike (prefer 10, but again, time crunch) ... during which Katheryn, one of the trainers (the one who pinched my fat every two weeks this summer when i was on the crazy program), came up and said hi, saying that I looked good. Now I know my boy always refers to me as his "sexy girlfriend," but he's required to say that to some extent. :p With Katheryn, it meant a little more, since she saw me during my transformation period.

In any case, after that, I quickly stretched out and hopped on the treadmill for 15 minutes. I did an extremely short, modified version of Brandon's treadmill work-out. I alternated, going one minute walking at 3.5 mph to two minutes running at 6.5 mph. This worked out so that minutes 13-15 were running ... and I sprinted the last minute at 9.0 mph which was a bit of a struggle.

Still, I made it through and got my heart pumping for a little while. Tomorrow I won't be at the gym, but should be hiking around in the snow (cardio! resistance!) with Dave, so I won't be lazy, either.

No comments: