Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fie, Headache!

So I originally was planning on working out today (especially with all the sugar and fat i ate with brandon last night), but early this afternoon I started getting a massive headache and started deciding against it.

However, I came to a realization: I do that a lot. I have the best of intentions, then come up with some stupid (or valid. y'know.) excuse and then not work out. Seeing as how I want to kick MAJOR ass in my tri this summer and the marginal little detail that I'm gaining weight again, I said "screw you, head!" and went to the gym for some light cardio.

I started off with 15 minutes on the recumbent bike (nice, easy) and then stretched out which felt really good. It also made me realize that I have been really lazy in working out since my flexibility went to hell. Bah! After that, I hopped on the treadmill for a 10-minute mile (so 6.0 mph). My lungs, surprisingly enough, weren't that bad, so that gives me hope. We'll see, though ...

I'm also planning on getting Brandon on the membership so we have no excuses for not working out when he's in town.

No comments: