Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Need Sidewalks, Damnit!

So while I'm in Michigan City, I decided I'd run before the burial and all that of my grandma. However, my plans got derailed while wandering around looking for a freaking sidewalk. Our hotel is a few blocks away from any residential areas and I didn't have much time to waste, so I just decided to walk until I found a sidewalk ... too bad it was a good 10 minutes until I found one. Then, when I found it, I didn't see an end, so I decided to turn the corner for more sidewalk ... and then it ended about two seconds later (not really, but close enough).

Total time outside? MAYBE 15 minutes. Damn city. Y'know, midwesterners wouldn't be so fucking fat and portly if there were sidewalks for them to utilize to walk around on. GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Though I worked up a sweat during the running I DID get in (though that may have been because of the damn humidity), I decided to go to the ghetto cardio room. That was mistake number two - bike sucked, I hate stairmasters and the treadmill was also a ghetto ass piece of shit.

I also learned while running about that I need new shoes. Badly. Too bad I'm going to have to wait until after the 5K on Sunday ... *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

No comments: