Friday, April 18, 2008

Yay Sweat!

Ended up only doing a quick cardio day today - I feel like waiting for the boy to come around so I can lift with him. :)

Anyway, headed on over to 24 and upped my warm-up from 10 to 15 minutes on the recumbent bike and cranked myself up two levels (from 6 to 8). I felt the added resistance, but it wasn't that bad. It just got boring (as the recumb bike usually does). Afterward, I stretched out better than I have in a long while which felt really good - especially stretching my calves.

At this point, I was pondering on lifting some ... but I don't like lifting my whole body one day; I like alternating days but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to/should lift tomorrow. If I do, I do. Since I didn't have proper running socks on and I didn't feel like the stupid old elliptical, I hopped on the stepmill instead doing speed intervals. Started off on level 9, but after about two minutes I was dead so I went down to level 8 and toughed it out for 12 total minutes. I was hoping to do 15, but the sports asthma was kicking in. In any case, it felt really good to sweat as much as I did!

I may walk or something later since it's still gorgeous out, but we'll see. :)

No comments: