Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Two In a Row

I went back to the gym today - go me! Not fitting into shorts is a great motivator ... even on days where it's kind of snowing outside. Yes, that's right - we went from 80 degrees yesterday to a balmy 38 degrees (feels like 30) today with the sky gacking out snowflake-type things. Go Colorado!

*ahem*

Anyway, decided to go in the afternoon today, in case I feel ambitious and feel like going again later tonight (which i probably won't). I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike as a change of pace - only did level 7 (sport-specific), but managed 7.2 miles which is about average for me on the bike. Granted, I also usually pedal at a higher level. Oh well. Afterwards, I stretched out reeeeally well.

From there, I went back to the ol' treadmill to do the 2/3 sprints - but with a modification. Since I know my cardiovascular endurance isn't there right now and I don't want to hurt myself by pushing myself too hard before I'm ready ('cuz i have a tendency to do that ...), I changed the running part from 6.0 mph down to a measly 5.7 mph. After the first five minutes, I also upped the incline a marginal bit from 1.0 (flatness; treadmills at 0.0 are actually on a slight decline) to 1.5. Not really noticeable, but there. Doing this, I managed it for 25 minutes, sprinting the last 30 seconds at 6.5 mph. Once again, I had some issues around the 15 minute mark (like last night), but pushed through it for another 10. Felt good, let me tell you. :)

I was going to lift, but decided against it. Don't want to push myself too hard too fast ...

No comments: