Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Practice 5K

Since I have a 5K coming up on Sunday with T, I figured my 3-2 routine would have to take a break while I actually ran 3.1 miles.

I left the iPod on shuffle for whatever reason, and started off. I started off with a real slow pace (about 5.5) which was holding me pretty well. Around .7 into it, I sped up a bit, but that didn't last too long, and ended up having to walk a bit. I tried to keep my walking to a minute. I then held about 6.0 until 1.4 miles left, when I cranked it up to 9.0 until I had a mile left.

At the last mile, I slowed it down to 5.0 until .75 left, then up to 6.5 for a quarter mile, then slowed it down for a bit, and for the final .3, went crazy. All this added up to a 31:05 5K time. I guess not too bad, I would like to be under 30:00 ideally.

It's times like this where I truly love my girlfriend

No comments: