Saturday, June 21, 2008

Like a Fishy (fishyfishyfishyfishy)

Today was looking to be a lazy day sampling food, but since we had already taken two days off this week, it was off to the gym for a late swim session.

If I felt it, I decided I was just going to go for an endurance swim - swim slowly but steadily for as long as I could. So, I hopped in a wonderfully cool pool (80 degrees!) and started off breaststroking away. I felt like I was going reeeeally slowly, but I kept at it and kept at it and kept at it. At 800m (about tri length), I glanced at the clock and realized I was at about 20 minutes which is good ... but needs to be faster.

In any case, I swam a total of 1100m in about 26 or 28 minutes (i forget). I probably could have gone a little further, but I know it was good I didn't because when I finally stopped, I realized how sore my head was thanks to my swim cap and new goggles squooshing my head. Ow.

Tomorrow will be either running or biking or both (but hopefully biking fo' sho'.).

No comments: