Monday, February 4, 2008

A new unwavering determination

So I guess slacking off for a couple weeks (albeit there were many unconventional workouts and an ingrown toenail to deal with) has motivated me to work very hard and has pushed me to new limits.

I decided today to do the 45 minute treadmill workout, but instead of going 2 min at 3.5 and 3 min at 6.5, I decided to kick it up to 7.0. The workout room in Little Rock is overlooking the city on the 29th floor of an office building, so it was interesting to be running on a treadmill with a view of what otherwise is a pathetic city in middle America.

Usually the first 5 minutes is the toughest of this workout for me. Not today. Today there was a new focus; an unwavering determination. I don't know where this came from in all honesty, but wherever it came from, I like it.

At 40 minutes, I didn't want it to end. So I decided again to push myself since I was feeling really good and strong. With 3 minutes left, I kicked it up to 8.0 for one minute, brought it back down to 6.5 for one minute, and for the final minute, sprinted it at 12.0. I could literally see the sweat flying off of my arms onto the window in front of me.

Focused like none other right now...

No comments: