Monday, January 12, 2009

Good Cardio Day

I'm blogging about yesterday's workout now because Brandon and I didn't get back home from scorekeeping until after midnight and really, all we wanted to do was sleep. So we did.

Anyway, we split up my four game shift two and two so both of us could work out. I worked the first two games while Brandon worked out and vice versa.

For me, I had wanted to either swim or bike. I ended up doing both. Warmed up on the stepmill, stretched and hopped on the stationary bike for 15 minutes for - I guess - a cadence ride. I've decided that until the weather gets better and I get my actual bike in for a tune, I'll just do cadence rides on the stationary. Once I start cycling outside, I'll use the stationary for sprint rides since, for some odd reason, I don't like doing sprints on an actual bike.

Anyway, since I really didn't feel like I accomplished much after the bike, I checked out the pool, noticed there was an open lane, quickly changed and hopped in. My original thought was to see how far I could go ... but my arms were still sore from lifting on Friday so I only managed 100m.

So, I had the genius idea to turn it into a "sprint" workout - 4x100m, 4x50m and 4x25m (all breaststroke) and did it in about 20 minutes. I also did try to sprint the latter halves of the 50m's as well as the 25m's.

All in all, a good workout. Up for today: upper body lift and SNOWSHOEING!

No comments: