Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Improvisational Lift

So I think when Brandon and I come up with our workout schedule for next month, I need to not schedule out what I'm doing the whole month and work my off days around days I open.

Because seriously, waking up at 3:30am so I can be at work at 4:15am makes me have no motivation to work out the rest of the day.

Despite getting a killer forearm workout playing Guitar Hero (i kid, i kid) and despite being ass tired, we knew we had to lift today.

However, given that we're ass tired, we had not motivation to go to the gym.

So, we improvised with a workout at home. We did windmills, body weight squats, calf raises, tricep dips (off a chair), push-ups, dumbbell chest presses to failure (8lb dbs) and these ab things which are almost a weird form of a reverse crunch:

1. Lie down on floor. Have friend behind you. If needed, hold their legs.
2. Raise legs in air.
3. Have friend push down on your legs; don't let them hit the floor.
4. Control your legs, lifting them back up to starting position.
5. Rinse.
6. Repeat.

While it sounds like it's just the momentum carrying your legs down and up, you actually get one hell of an ab workout. We did them for hockey freshman year in college and they SUCKED.

So while it wasn't much, we still squashed in a workout and, I might add, my arms are sore.

Good enough for me.

No comments: