Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sprinting and a Note

We decided to take advantage of another 60 degree day here and run outside. Since neither of us really wanted to do a regular run, we decided to do some sprints, instead. So, we walked to the park and ran.

There's a soccer/football field set up in the grass, so we did two 100yd sprints, two 50yd sprints and then another two 100yd sprints for a total of 500yds.

And I was dead. Lungs hurt, ears hurt (still that winter crisp in the air), ankle hurt a little.

Still, it was a nice change of pace.

Sorry you haven't been getting a lot of out me lately. Trying to figure out if I want to take this job that I really have no experience for and would be the equivalent of throwing a person who's not sure if s/he can swim or not into the middle of the ocean and saying "good luck."

There are some upsides, but I'm not sure if they're enough to conquer the voices in my head as well as the overwhelming fear that I won't be able to handle the job and that I'll be miserable for the next three years doing it as it really isn't a "try it and see" position.

Needless to say, various entities and voices in my head are locked in a battle for the ages.

No comments: