Saturday, August 23, 2008

45 Minute Treadmill Workout!!!!

An old workout resurfaced today...a workout that I haven't done in a LOOOOOONNNGGGGG time. The 45 minute 2-3 treadmill workout.

For those too lazy to read back to like, April posts, the 45 minute treadmill workout was introduced to me by Gray, my former personal trainer. You're on the treadmill for 45 minutes, walking 2 minutes and running 3 minutes. When I first did this, I was basically peeling myself off the treadmill when I was done, but it QUICKLY got me in shape. There's something about it that does wonders for the body.

Anyway, I walk at 3.5 and run at 6.0. Today I walked at 3.5 and ran at 6.2 at an incline of 2.0 (marginal marginal uphill). Was feeling good throughout the whole thing, actually. On the 2nd to last one, I took it down to 6.0, and on the final one, cranked it way up, so much that at the final 30 seconds I was sprinting at 12.0.

All in all, it was another very good workout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, man, that sounds like a GREAT workout! I am currently not running b/c I hurt my neck but when I get the go-ahead, I'd love to incorporate a long interval workout like that! Nice work :-)