Sunday, August 10, 2008

Not a Gymnast ...

... so I can't be too inspired by the gymnastics events. Which sucks, really, because I find that stuff cool. It's a guilty pleasure of the Summer Games ... much like figure skating is my guilty pleasure of the Winter Games (i know, the hockey player, right? brandon hates me for this, btw). But srsly, I can't even do a proper cartwheel. Never have been able to, probably never will. I think I have too much weight going on in the hip area.

Anyway, I can swim, so after watching the women's 100m back ... semis?, I moseyed on over to the gym to get in a swim workout of my own - the first since the tri. I mixed up the strokes a little bit AND took my time, just to ease back into the pool. I'd rather just swim to swim and get stronger and not do crazy "training" workouts, so to speak, until after the first of the year.

Regardless, I did the following:
Laps 1, 3, 5-10, 13-16 - breaststroke
Laps 2, 11 - crawl
Laps 4, 12 - backstroke

Not much variety, but enough to get me going again on those other strokes. And while I did all that in about 28 minutes, I also pushed it with some of my laps, needing to rest after or, in the case of my non-dominant strokes, in between.

No comments: