Sunday, July 27, 2008

Finally back to the gym

After a long gym hiatus, the girl and I went there to work our legs and arms and hop in the pool for some late swimming. Since we haven't been to the gym in a LONG while (aside from to swim), I knew tonight would be tough on the legs and arms, but since I'm having some body issues lately, I want to do everything I can to look better and feel better.

SO. Started off with 3 wall sits. Followed those up with 3 sets of body squats, 15 reps except for the last one, which was 10. Lunged down and back and called the legs good.

Arms then. Seated row and lat pull downs. 3 sets of 10 with very minimal resting in between. Then off to do some curls, which really didn't go well for me, and that's sad, since my arms are about the only thing on my body that look decent. :(

We finished off the lifting with some ab work on the captains chair. Read the girl's blog for a better description, since I'm lazy.

Then to the pool. I hopped right in and cranked out 250 meters. Grabbed a quick swig of Gatorade and struggled but put out 500 more. Total of 750 meters with one stop in between. Not too bad, but looking for better, of course.

No comments: