Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pool time...after some time off...

With the craziness that my life has been over the past couple weeks, I've reviewed my working out and found that I have not done nearly the amount that I was doing prior to me starting ground school. For instance, last week I only ran 1.86 miles. My average per week has been around 5 or more. I mean, some of it can be attributed to me having to study at night, work the bar, and the wedding that Theresa and I went to last weekend, but still...it's time to get back on the horse. No more being lazy. I can sleep when I'm dead.

We went to the pool tonight and I quickly swam 600 meters. Impressive considering I'm running on less than 5 hours of sleep. I broke up my swim into 4x150's. I have found that my left arm is not...doing what it should be when I am crawling through the water, so I was really concentrating on that today. I'm still a long way from what I want to do which is a tri in 2009, but the advice my friends are giving me is stay active in all 3 forms...so I will be doing that.

Tomorrow night I will study, go for a run, and relax. Running for sure though tomorrow. No excuses.

No comments: