Saturday, July 5, 2008

Plateaus = Teh Suck

I was a good girl today and celebrated me turning a quarter-of-a-century-old by going to the gym and working out. Go me.

Did a quick 10-minute warm-up on the recumbent bike to get the ol' legs moving and then some stretching because dear jeebus my legs have been tight lately.

It was then off to a quick upper body session - seated inclined bench shoulder presses, military presses and some lat pull downs.

Then, because it was super late at the gym (and i needed to), it was pool time for some swimming. The first 100 meters were awful, so it turned into the crappiest version of a pool sprint workout EVER. I did the 4x100m, 4x50m and 4x25m workout, but instead of, you know, sprinting the sections, it was me just going slow and trying to keep form while ignoring the sushi sitting in my stomach from dinner (mmm blt roll), the burn in my legs and the developing ache in the shoulders from the recent lift session.

It got me to thinking that maybe I've hit a small training plateau as every one of my workouts this week has been AWFUL. Both runs, the bike and now this swim? Yuck. I mean, I guess these happen, but still ... *whines*

Oh well, 28 days (as of tomorrow, sunday) until the tri and it's not like I can quit training or anything. Tomorrow will be a baby brick (as in 5 mile ride and .5 mile run baby) if all goes as planned after a wonderful breakfast in bed. ;)

No comments: