Saturday, July 5, 2008

Where to go from here?

So I've now run 5 5K's this season. And in each one, I have improved (iPod says I did yesterday, official time does not...oh well...). My big dilema right now is, I have basically achieved a shitton this year in terms of fitness. I have lost weight, become a runner, and have further ambition to do a triathalon next year. I am in the best shape I have been in since high school. But I feel like I have kind of dug myself in a rut. Hooray for doing all the above, but what now?

We went to the gym tonight. It's my girlfriend's birthday and how does she spend it? At the gym. That's how awesome she is. When we got there, Theresa went to warm up while I hit the steam room so I could shave my nasty ass fuzzface. After Theresa stretched out, we did incline shoulder presses. I tried upping my weight to 30 lbs, but my form was waaaaaay off so I backed it down to 27.5. The military presses were a challenge and my shoulder was in pain after them, which kind of pisses me off. We finished with lat pull downs and me displaying my lack of balance which pissed me off even more.

Then to the pool. First 100 meters were not bad. Then 50. Then another 100, and after that, it was just slugging through each 100 meters, trying to get to 750. My form was shit, my breathing was not that good, and at one point, I burped up a California roll from dinner, which tastes SO nasty. I slugged out the rest, 100 meters at a time, eventually getting to 750 meters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok
WAY IMPRESSIVE with your friend.

my birthday is coming and while I have not decided on the day's plans yet it fo'shizzle does NOT include the gym.

Miz.