Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Heat Is On

Why is it, when it's 97 degrees outside (or will be ... *goes to check current temperature* 82 with 21% humidity which, for colorado, is CRAZY), I have absolutely NO motivation to work out outside? Seriously. I only have 18 days until the tri and I know I should be doing more than I am.

I have grand plans for the rest of this week - an open water swim/bike brick, a bike/run brick, lifting later tonight - but mustering up the energy for a cardio session today? Yeah. Right.

I'm taking marginal solace in the fact that I walked from my car dealership (5000 miles overdue for an oil change ... oops) to Barnes and Noble to wait there (.5 miles!), even though I got a ride back from my mom. I need to go to the bank too, so I suppose I can walk there (after I change into shorts) and back to at least get SOME movement in (and save gas. y'know.) hopefully spurring my butt onto greater things. Like running.

The good news is, boyfriend baby dinosaur will be able to cheer me on while I tri-it! YAY! We were worried that he'd miss it due to sim training in Seattle, but luckily, it got pushed back a bit. :)

1 comment:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Yuck, I don't blame you for dreading outside exercise when it's hot and humid.

At first I thought you were going to say it was 5,000 miles from your car dealership to the bookstore, which beats even MY tendency to exaggerate. But even .5 miles in the heat can be totally miserable.