Monday, July 14, 2008

Staying Positive

After a ridiculously lazy day of catching up on sleep, I went for a run with Brandon when he got home from work. I can tell I was improperly hydrated as well as improperly nutrified* today as my run was CRAP.

Brandon was a sweetie-poo and kept pace with me instead of being super fast runner guy and leaving me in the dust (though i *did* ask him to). Overall, we did 2.11 miles and I did it in 22:40 ... for a 10:43ish mile.

Basically, my mile times have been POOP lately (and i felt like that today too) but I'm hoping that it'll be okay since, looking back, my weeks have been up and down. So, if this week is a down week ... well, hopefully the tri will be the start of an up week.


*yes, i made that word up.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Oh, that running speed thing is a definitel rollercoaster! Just stick with it and you'll be pleasantly surprised when the times work their way towards a more consistent speediness (is that a word? It should be).

Happy running - and hooray for having someone to run with - my husband is my favorite running partner. And, yes, he slows it down for me, too.