Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Different form of cardio

As girlfriend mentioned in her blog entry below, laziness is rampant here. I think the 10K on the 31st plus the 5K last weekend has kind of turned us lazy. I dunno. But whatever is causing it, we need to tell it to go away.

In any event, I am doing well so far on my goals, at least as far as I can tell. I have already knocked off the Skirtchaser 5K, the Autumn Color 5K is a go, I am working my core quite a bit, and the general cardio is going well. I still have to run Red Rocks (and I will, don't worry), and my cycling, well.......at least I am also being consistent.

Hit the gym, warmed up, stretched, and did 20 minutes of (da da dada) ELLIPTICAL! It's been a LONG time since I have done that, but I remember why I like it. Low impact. :)

Also, in honor of our very good workout friend Mizfit, we did 5 minutes of rowing for a distance of roughly 1000 meters. My arms are tired already. I know, I'm a pansy. :(

Hit the steam room for a shave and was good to go. Some lifting hardcore tomorrow. I'm staying motivated, dammit!

SEPTEMBER GENERAL GOALS
- Skirt Chaser 5K and maybe Autumn Color 5K
- Core, cycling, and general cardio
- Run Red Rocks

SEPTEMBER PERSONAL GOALS (MINE)
- Endurance for cardio (treadmill workout, hill sprints, etc)
- Core strengthening
- CONSISTENCY (week to week)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your post is up at groundedfitness!

i LOVE the rowing machine!! pretty much the only cardio machine that doubles as strength training.

www.groundedfitness.com