Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Awesomeness Continues

As mentioned in our last posts, tonight was hockey time. Right now, both of us play about once a month. Yeah, ideally we'd like to play MORE than that, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Mostly due to Brandon's job. ;)

Anyway, it was actually a fairly good skate tonight. Skated some laps to warm up and stretched out before starting. I got lucky as I usually do in getting to play defense on every shift (yay!). There was one really fast guy on the other team that I had no hope of catching once he kicked in the afterburners. There was also one guy, dubbed Douchey McDoucherson*, who liked to add in another shove or another elbow after every play. Dude was seriously like 6'3", 220lbs. HUGE. I had one altercation with him in the corner. I'm strong on my skates, but he took his stick and shoveled me aside and there really wasn't much I could do. Obviously I kept fighting, but he won that puck battle.

All in all though, good skate. Got a few shots off - a couple actually on net! - and got two assists thanks to tips. What what.

Now, a shower and SLEEP.



*if you read this here blog, you realize that i like taking a word, adding a "y" after it, and then taking it again and adding an "erson". examples include: sprinty mcsprinterson, lifty mclifterson, etc.

No comments: