Thursday, September 4, 2008

Treadmill Sprints

A couple days before our 5K, and still sticking to the September goals of consistency and endurance, we went to the gym for some treadmill sprints. I think Gray (my former personal trainer) needs to be nominated for a Nobel Prize for these. It's amazing how I feel after I get off the treadmill.

Anyway, went for more intense today by increasing the incline and speed. I started off with walking 3.5 and then running at an incline of 1.5 and 6.6 speed. On the next set, upped the incline to 2.0. The next set, 2.5. The next set, 4.0. The final set, I tinkered with both the incline and the speed and for the final 25 seconds, was at an incline of 8.0 and a speed of 11.0.

I pushed myself quite a bit tonight, but it was SO worth it.

Pretty much a day of rest tomorrow.

No comments: