Sunday, September 14, 2008

Haven't felt this way in awhile...

Before you all get your hopes up about the title of this blog and think, "wow, I bet Brandon is feeling amazing! He probably has achieved something even better than before!" Yeah, not so much. Instead, today I went to the gym feeling like I was not going to have a good workout. More on that in a bit.

First, the workout. Got to the gym and warmed up as usual. Did one round of lunges. Then did body squats until we couldn't do them anymore.Then we did some planks and Supermans. I decided for lifting we would do curls and lat pull-downs until we couldn't do them anymore. This went well, even though my arms screamed at me the whole time.

We then hit the pool for some laps. Nothing too exciting about that. I think I did 400 meters, but not sure.

Anyway, getting to what I hinted at earlier. I don't know what it was about today, but like I said, when we were driving to the gym, I just knew in my head it wasn't going to be a good workout. And that's a feeling I haven't had in a long time. I mean, there's been workouts that haven't gone as I hoped or planned, but this was different. And before anyone jumps on me about mental attitude and whatnot, it wasn't this type of situation. I wasn't telling myself that I couldn't do it. I was telling myself, you'll be able to do it, but you're not going to be too satisfied after.

I don't think I've hit a wall, per se, because there is a lot that I am training towards and for. Right now, I'm not just hitting the gym to stay healthy. Maybe when I'm 80 and not dead yet, that will be why I work out. But there are goals. You all have seen my goals. I know my goals, and there will continue to be new goals that pop up year after year. So I don't think this is a htting a wall issue. And I don't think it's a plateauing issue either. My times in my 5K's are getting better every time + I have upped the bar by running a 10K. A sprint triathlon is around the corner and after that eyeing a 1/2 marathon and an Olympic triathlon.

I'm hoping that the weekend, which was a good weekend yet very draining on my body, is the culprit. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I have a 2 day trip but still planning on working out in the morning before I leave and also planning on squeezing a workout in El Paso. 5K on Saturday as well.

Will keep everyone updated.

No comments: