Thursday, September 11, 2008

Run + Lifting today

So I guess the laziness has left the building...marginally. We went for a short run before dinner. First I'll write about that.

It was just a short run, one that would test my endurance. And I passed. I started off easy and kept building speed as the run went on. Even going up Lone Tree Parkway, which is a bitch, was relatively easy. I completed the 1.4 mile run in 12:12, which was a 9:04 pace. Not too shabby. :)

Then to the gym tonight for a good lift session. It's been awhile since I've done a good session and my shoulders have been suffering lately, so we wanted to work hard. + my core strength is one of my goals this month...blah blah blah.

Warmed up for 5 minutes as usual and stretched. Read girlfriend's blog post for what we did tonight. Sorry, I'm lazy and really want to eat an Oreo. But I won't. :-p

Thanks to Kelly at groundedfitness.com for the information regarding the yoga. I will be trying that soon. :-)

1 comment:

WeightingGame said...

even if I can just break a little sweat, like with a short run (or walk, as I can't run right now), I always feel so much better. Like I released a bunch of stress. Congrats!