Despite the fact that my legs (okay, hip flexors) and rotator cuffs feel sore thanks to working out yesterday (mostly hockey), I said, "fie, body!" and went to the gym.
Typical warm up of the recumbent bike (7 minutes today) and LOTS O' STRETCHING. I WILL get my flexibility back. I may even *gasp* go do yoga at some point this month to keep with my flexibility goal. After that, it was 10 minutes of evil, evil intervals on the stepmill (not quite really high intensity, but i'm working on it).
Then, since core is the goal this month, it was off to do some "lifting" that was mostly core work:
- lunges with an empty bar back and forth across the group x room
- 3/10 crab walk thingys on the ball
- 3/:30 planks
- 2/:15, 1/:20 side planks (both sides)
- 2/:15, 1/:30 bicycle kick crunches
- 3/10 back extensions on the ball
- 3/10 dumbbell bicep curls
Good enough for today - quick, in and out, we're good. Would have liked to do more arms, but Brandon said no thanks to my stupid sore rotator cuffs. *pouts*