Sunday, May 18, 2008

I like the gym when it's quiet

After a talk with Theresa last night, my motivation is near an all time high. So today I went to Gold's for a pure weightlifting session.

Started the session off with straight curls, but with a lot more weight than I usually use. I did three sets of 10. I then went with shoulder presses, of course. 3 sets of 10 with 30 lbs. Again, more than I usually use. I moved over to the room with the bag then and hit the bag for a few minutes. Felt real good to take out the anger and aggression with tons of hammer punches.

I grabbed a 10 lb dumbbell and did Turkish Steamrolls (situps, but it's funnier to say steamroll). I will make sure that Theresa gets a few of these in when I am out there!

I finished it off with dips and pullups. Tomorrow I will definitely fun, probably a lot. I only ran about 6 miles this week. Ideally, I would like to run 15-20, so next week I will really focus on that.

No comments: