Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Taking my frustrations out on the weights

As I was driving to the gym, I felt very strange, almost like I was watching myself drive. Out of body, perhaps? I don't know. Either way, I felt very determined, with laser beam focus.

I warmed up with 10 minutes on the bike. Just wanted to get the blood flowing and a little cardio in. Mostly today though I wanted to blast my entire body. I went over to the wall and did some crab walking. After that, I did some seated shoulder presses with more weight than I usually do. I then did some curls with 30 lb dumbbells.

Followed it up with some seated rows. Then I finished it off with the Turkish Steamrolls. I was still feeling ambitious, so I worked my calves quite a bit and even decided to do a round of lunges! I don't honestly know what came over me with that, but I did them, and it felt glorious.

Tomorrow I will run. A lot. I've done pretty well working out this week and will keep it up. Again, will be easier once I'm in Denver, which looks like it will be Friday. :-)

No comments: