Thursday, May 15, 2008

Start of the Two-a-Days ... (pt. 2)

As much as I know I need to go in the pool when it's crowded as good tri training, I still love me an empty pool.

That being said, of course tonight I went late when it's totally and completely empty and it's just me in the pool. I did 500 meters (10 laps) tonight, in about 18ish? minutes in said fashion:

Laps 1, 3, 5, 7: free
Laps 2, 4, 6, 8-10: breast

I swam the first 125 meters (2.5 laps) with pauses only to switch direction (i really need to learn how to do a flip turn ...) ... and then about died - lungs AND arms. I finished lap #3 freestyle, then alternated my laps with pauses in between each one until the last three (150m) which I did without stopping (only pausing) all in breaststroke.

Now, I already know that I am stronger in ze breaststroke than in freestyle (crawl, whathaveyou), yet I train in both. Last year, I ended up swimming the whole thing (except for the first, oh, 10 strokes or so) in breaststroke. Now, my question is, do I continue to train the way I have been, or try to get a stronger breaststroke down so I can compete the tri entirely that way? Or do I try to get my freestyle crawl stronger? Things to figure out in the next 80 days ...

No comments: